Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Home at last...

Yesterday was fun. It was full of shopping for gifts for those back at home and watching other students get tattoos. It also included packing up our things and ordering pizza and having it delivered to the hotel. 

Outside of the Central Market. This is a great place to buy souvenirs! They have good prices, it's safe, and they will haggle with you. We went early so it wasn't too busy, but it gets packed in there. 

Street vendor selling his art. These are everywhere, but they are so amazing. People take feathers they find on the ground and paint beautiful pictures on them. 

This one is actually just shaped into a toucan, but it is beautiful! 

While we were walking we saw graffiti everywhere. Some of it was quite extraordinary. 

Very unique. 

Once we were all shopped out some people went and got tattoos. I did not get a tattoo, but I held Lindsey's hand while she got her's. 
Her's is my favorite from the trip. It's a leaf cutter ant holding a leaf in the sham of Costa Rica. The tattoo artist did an amazing job. 

Now today: we're finally home!
We had some delays in Dallas, but we made it home alive!
Heading home!

We had fun, but we were all ready to see our loved ones. 

When I finally made it home I was immediately greeted by my mom, dog, and cats. The dog, Furby, greeted by the longest. He wouldn't stop sniffing me and couldn't sit still for very long because he was so excited! 

This whole trip was amazing. It has given me a new appreciation for all the comforts in America along with an urge to travel the world! I always wanted to travel, but now that I actually have, I can hardly wait to do more! 

I highly recommend Costa Rica to anyone looking for a place to travel. It was fun and the people were so nice to us. I absolutely loved it! The only thing I recommend skipping is the biological station in La Selva! It was okay once, but never again! The rest of our trip I would recommend to everyone. It was perfect . 

hope you enjoyed watching my journey at least a tiny bit! So, once more: 
Pura vida! 

No comments:

Post a Comment