Sunday, May 24, 2015

Lost in San José and some other things.

Well today was very interesting! First, we left La Selva and made it to San José, which is amazing. Most of us were very excited to leave La Selva. It was a good experience, but I don't think I would go back there again. 

After we got checked into our hotel in San José we walked three blocks to the mall and ate lunch. The food court was filled with American restaurants. My group decided to eat McDonalds. 

It pretty much tasted the same, but a little less greasy. Which, I'm very okay with. I don't think visiting another country would be complete without trying something American while there. 

Also, a pigeon was walking around the mall. He wasn't afraid of anything. He even touched my leg, which freaked me out. 

At the mall we went into a bookstore. Mainly because I wanted to. No trip for me would be complete without a visit to a bookstore. I found the Stephen King section quickly. 
Stephen King's Desperation in Español! 

Once we were done walking the mall we had time to go relax or explore. Brittany and I opted to relax in the room, because our last night in La Selva wasn't very restful! We had two bats in our room!

Here's Tyler chasing the bats last night. He finally got them out, but it was still hard to sleep in there afterwards. 

We then all went out to dinner. 
Dressed up and ready to go to dinner and have some fun. 

On the way back it was raining, a lot. So we all got taxis. It was our first experience with a taxi in Costa Rica. We handed our driver a card with the hotel name on it. He nodded and started driving. We quickly realized he really didn't know where he was going. Luckily, Brittany and I had gotten into a taxi with two if he guys on the trip. We made it back okay, but it was a little scary for a few minutes. 

Eli trying to explain where the hotel is. 

Eli, Stephen, Brittany, and me smiling like idiots because we made it back to the hotel safe and sound! Glad we had some guys with us instead of being by ourselves! 

It was a very interesting day! One more  full day tomorrow, and then we're on our way home. 

Pura vida! 

No comments:

Post a Comment